Ed Gadomski has served as “Chairman of the Board of Directors” of the Tri-State Baseball League since October 2003 after taking over for Commissioner Bob McMahon, who resigned from his position after three years on the job.In 2006, he was promoted to ‘Commissioner’ and has been responsible for the everyday running of the league. In 2012, he was awarded the Good Sport Award’ by the CT Sports Writers Association and pulled double duty serving as the General Manager of the Torrington Titans of the FCBL in 2013. He was inducted into the Tri-State Baseball Hall Of Fame in August of 2013. Ed was named “Sportsman of the Year” by the Register Citizen newspaper in December of 2013. After graduating from Kaynor Tech High School in 1985, he graduated from Naugatuck Valley Community College (NVCC) in 1987 with an Associates Degree in business management.He continued his education in 1988, graduating at the top of his class from CPI in Bridgeport with a Computer Operations Degree.He now works as the ‘Lead PC Tech Specialist’ at Waterbury Hospital where he has been employed since 1988.
A 10-year veteran of the Twi-Met league, he also served three years as the league secretary while managing his own team (Stack Oil). In 1992, he joined the Thomaston Spoilers of the Tri-State Baseball League and played with them through the 2005 season before joining the Burlington Hunters in 2006. Ed was named the Tri-State Baseball league MVP of the 2003 season helping to lead the Spoilers to the league championship that season.
His tenure as commissioner has been marked by:
- Expansion:From 6 teams in 2003 to 19 teams in 2013.
- The AABC Stan Musial State Tournament host has been the Tri-State Baseball League since the 2004 season. The AABC Regional tournament has been hosted in Connecticut led by a committee of Ed Gadomski, Tom Hanley, and Anthony Santoro beginning in 2012. In 2012 – also joined membership with the NABF.
- Financial stability for the league.
- Hall-of-Fame creation in 2007.
- Tri-State Baseball League website created in 2007 with history archives, awards.
- Assistance in scheduling Old-Timers Day, charity fundraiser games and tournaments, All-Star, and International friendship games as well as the 12-team Tri-State Baseball League playoffs. An exhibition games and HR Derby vs the Torrington Titans (FCBL) on July 4th has been played annually beginning in 2011.
- Switch from aluminum bats to wood bats in 2006
- Served as General Manager for the Torrington Titans of the FCBL during the 2013 season
- Morning sports report on 97.3Fm (WZBG) and summer radio appearances on WAPJ and TV guest appearances on Litchfield County Sports.
- Elected Vice-President of the Torrington Board of Umpires in 2010. Resigned as Vice-President in 2011 and accepted the State Representative position for the Torrington Board of Umpires.
Gadomski has grown a strong reputation for forming a family-oriented baseball league.A sharp increase in heavy suspensions for ejections on the field, as well as a renewed relationship with the umpire boards and newspapers has provided a strong emphasis on professionalism. Trust and fairness in his demeanor, as well as a strong Board of Directors consisting of all team managers, has gained the Tri-State Baseball League a reputation as one of the most popular and competitive leagues in the Connecticut area.
The commish can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org